Thursday, August 2, 2012

Happy Rakhi Day! Please protect me, brother! :D


Well, as you might know, I have already moved to India since last Saturday *I should post something about it* then yesterday I just got information from the office that today I don't have to go to office. WHY? because today is public holiday. It is Rakhi Day!


picture taken from:  http://arealblogger.blogspot.in/2010/08/happy-raksha-bandhan.html

What is Rakhi Day?
Rasksha Badhan or rakhi is a brother's day in India. So, in this day, the girl will tie a sacred thread called rakhi to her brother's/cousin's/somebody that she take as her brother's wrist. Then in return, usually the brother will give a gift to the sister. It symbolize the girl wish wealth, health, success and other good thing to her brother and the brother take a vow to always protect her sister. So cute :)

So these days, just like christmas, the advertisement are all about brothers-sisters and there are lot of rakhi decoration and cute rakhi to be sold in the street and malls.

Here is the picture of my host sisters' rakhi, since they don't have brothers, they send it visa post-mail


I think the more rakhi you get, the more cool you are as a man because that means you have lot off girls to be protected :D and you'll get broke soon as well since you have to prepare lot of gifts :D

To be honest, I want to get rakhi as well, it's really cute! >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment