Monday, July 27, 2009

about my AIESEC mentoring, my AIESEC meentees, and NARUTO!*

*this post is dedicated to all mentees that I've ever had...

AIESEC Global Learning Environment
Left to Right: Self Reflection, Team Experience, Mentorship, Virtual Space-forums, blogs & resources sharing-, Conference & Seminar, Learning Circle

In AIESEC we have global learning environment that comprised of 6 entities.
One of those six is Mentorship.
What is mentoring?

Mentoring is a one to one relationship that allows mentors to support mentees in finding their own path for development and growth. It is a “means to an end”, the ultimate objective is the realization of the mentee’s full potential by exploring alternatives and encouraging others to act.
Mentors have three qualifications that enable them to offer such guidance:
o Experience: they have been in the mentee’s ‘shoes’ before
o Perspective: they are able to share thoughts and other viewpoints related to the position the mentee is in at the moment
o Distance: the mentor does not have direct influence on the mentee’s job role and performance

True mentoring is a confidential relationship between two members who share personal growth and organizational success as common goals.

Mentor vs. Coach

A coach aims to help the person achieve his/her best performance.
A coach is trying to direct a person to some end result, the person may choose how to get there, but the coach is strategically assessing and monitoring the progress and giving advice for effectiveness and efficiency.

Mentors are a sounding board, they can give advice but the mentee is free to pick and choose what they do. The context does not have specific performance objectives.
The major theme for the mentor is one who has a deeper personal interest, a trusted partner who cares about you and your long-term development.
The major theme for the coach is one who develops specific skills for the task, challenges, and performance expectation at work.

(source: www.myaiesec.net)

well,,,,
I've just had mentorship meeting with my mentees..
and I do really admit that mentorship meeting is really fun somehow..
we share about gossips, musics, movies as well as the professional things in AIESEC.

on my last saturday night, I spent my time with my mentees (both of them are guy).
so there's completely not true that I've never spent my saturday night with guy.. *devil laugh*

On that night, our main agenda for mentorship meeting is about our Personal Goal Settings (PGS)...
even for me, it's really a great learning to coach them how to build their PGS.

so it is true that you will get more knowledge and learning if you share it to others...

Our mentoring meeting was held from 5pm into 11 pm.
actually I plan to have separate time for them.
One from 5-7pm, another at 7-9pm...
but suddenly it become 5-11pm,
and we make it just like a learning circle with 3 people inside...
maybe it because we meet not oftenly, so we enjoy the time then talk so much at that time...
or....
it is because they're afraid to ask going-home-permittion from me since they haven't finished their PGS...

hmmm... I think it is more to the last reason... (I KNOW IT GUYS!!!)

and then in the middle of our meeting...
with less concentration since it's already late night..
the boys come up with idea that our mentoring group name is:

drum roll please!!!!

JANG JANG!


TARA!!!!


NARUTO GANK!!!!



Not just you,,
I'm just speechless in knowing this... (-_-!!!)


then They inaugurated me as Kakashi...


btw, I proudly present my mentoring group


Sasuke = Fickar Ardana
Naruto = Ali Affandi
Sakura = Marina Fariza
and you can see the dawn? That's Citra Maharani (hahahahaha! well, Maharani in Bahasa Indonesia means Sun)
last but not least Kakashi = ME!

honestly, I don't what my mentees have in their mind about this...
and I hope the buzz that say "mentees inherit from their mentors" is not true
(-_-!!)