Tuesday, March 2, 2010

about finance thingy and me...

well, it starts from karma.
I do really feel that karma does exist
and I think now I got a curse...

I used to be a person who definitely don't like accounting or finance or anything sounds so.
I used to ignore everything about accounting and finance.
I used to doubt the benefit of being in the accounting or finance department.
I used to ponder and questions people who want to involve in those area.

don't they feel kinda boring there?
isn't it dizzy looking at tiny and small numbers in a swallow and narrow table?
is their eyes okay with that?

until...

suddenly the curse come to me...

the decision in discussion between AIESEC Indonesia National Team and AIESEC Surabaya in May 2009 National Planning Meeting is the one who take the responsibility of AIESEC Surabaya finance department is ME!!

super genius idea!

a person like me? hold that department

it's really super great! =_=

my last calculation experience was when I was sitting in national examination for entering university
my last experience with accounting and finance was when I run my business plan for Junior Achievement competition in my city..
which is it's already 4 years back!

jang jang jang jang...

well,
then I asked my AIESEC Indonesia Vice President of Finance (Harmein Armia a.k.a Andra) come to Surabaya in order to train all my members including me about finance (well, at least the budgeting stuff)

then,
I start to love this area!
and honestly to say, I feel kinda regret why do I choose political study, why not accounting or finance?

I found that only by expertise in this area, and just look and the balance sheet and the financial report which is only 5 (or 4>) financial statement, you will know all the things going in the whole organization!!!

and just by do a small things or twisted some small part in this area, you can gain lot of revenue for sure! :D that's the most interesting part! :D

well, now it has already 8 months I'm running finance department
I haven't done my semester review
I haven't done my accrual basis system training (for my self)
I still have a little doubt about getting new projector for my organization as my term legacy
I can't full subsidized my member to go to international conference (which is my biggest dream of this department)

and a lot of stuff should be done in this 4 month...

but honestly, I thanks to everybody who help me a lot in this department especially
my accountant Milla, (actually, is it me of her, the one who being the VP Finance in my LC? hehehe)
AIESEC Indonesia Finance Fort Team (Andra MC, Nadya NST, Laura UA, Wisnu UI, Maria Bandung, Eka UD, and Nila UB)

AIESEC Surabaya got 200% growth in its bank account, we multiplied our revenue comparing last year
We've done a lot!
and I do really proud of my AIESEC Surabaya members for the support!

Love you guys,
Widy


No comments:

Post a Comment